7 Reasons to Buy a Poly Water Tank
Why Poly Water Tanks?
The most popular make of water tanks available on the Australian market are poly water tanks. Poly tanks are made from a durable, UV-protected and food-grade lightweight, strong and safe plastic material (polyethylene).
Tanks specifically for rainwater have been traditionally been made from a range of materials. Common tank materials can include plastics, galvanised steel, concrete, stainless steel, fiberglass or a combination of all of these.
Some rainwater tanks are better for above ground use, while others perform better as underground reservoirs. Some can be safer for drinking while others are better for grey-water use only. Very large water tanks containers (around or above 50,000 litres) can generally be bought in steel, concrete or by coupling multiple poly tanks together.
7 Reasons Why Clark Tanks Manufacture Poly Water Tanks
Clark Tanks choose to manufacture high-quality poly water tanks for seven major reasons.
Clark poly water tanks:
- are offered in variety of models, shapes and sizes to match your taste
- are manufactured to be used either above ground and for underground use
- are more cost-effective than other materials like galvanised steel
- are easy to transport and install and are both strong andlight-weight
- are not succeptable to corroding and rust, leak lead, lime or harmful chemicals
- reduce the amount of light that is let in preventing algae growth
- are much easier to clean and maintain.
Other reason include many other tank materials requiring an extra inner lining that is often made from polyethylene. This extra layer can make cleaning and maintaining your water tank more difficult especially if the lining breaks and needs to be replaced.
So just going with rainwater tank fully made of a poly compound seems like the best solution as a manufacturer and for a person needing a rainwater storage solution.
View the range of Clark Poly Tanks here and find the right water tank for you!